Christian Music Lovers

A place for Christians to talk about their favorite music, bands, and more.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  Log inLog in  RegisterRegister  

Share | 

Singing (Duh!)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
computergeek93

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Singing (Duh!)   February 26th 2009, 12:41 pm

hi. well, i can sing, but i just wondered if you have any tips for me. i have falsetto and stuff down, but deciding whether or not to sing high or low octave gives me trouble. i have a low voice, so its hard. any tips would be great, since im kind the backup vocalist in my band when we start gigging.
Back to top Go down
SHF
Admin

Female
Number of posts : 188
Registration date : 2009-02-23

PostSubject: Re: Singing (Duh!)   February 26th 2009, 5:12 pm

You need to work on your control, and expanding your range. For control, work on breathing excercises. One that you can do is: take a slow breath in for about 8 counts (be sure you are breathing through your diaphragm. I'm assuming you know how to do that), then breathe out slowly for as long as you can. Repeat a few times.

For your range, work on scales! You can sit at your piano and play a note that you are comfortable with and sing an "ah" then go up one and say "ah" and go up maybe 5 notes (or more if you can), and go back down. The more you work on scales, the more you will expand your range. It's kind of like stretching. If you keep stretching your muscles often, it will help you to be more flexible. If you feel like you are straining your voice, then stop and take a break.

Last, be sure you are drinking enough water. Drinking warm water before singing is good for your voice. And of coarse, be sure that you warm up with the scales before singing and maybe after too. Smiling

Any other questions or do you want me to explain anything more?
Back to top Go down
http://christianmusiclovers.forumotion.net
computergeek93

Male
Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-02-26

PostSubject: Re: Singing (Duh!)   February 27th 2009, 9:52 am

QSHF wrote:
You need to work on your control, and expanding your range. For control, work on breathing excercises. One that you can do is: take a slow breath in for about 8 counts (be sure you are breathing through your diaphragm. I'm assuming you know how to do that), then breathe out slowly for as long as you can. Repeat a few times.

For your range, work on scales! You can sit at your piano and play a note that you are comfortable with and sing an "ah" then go up one and say "ah" and go up maybe 5 notes (or more if you can), and go back down. The more you work on scales, the more you will expand your range. It's kind of like stretching. If you keep stretching your muscles often, it will help you to be more flexible. If you feel like you are straining your voice, then stop and take a break.

Last, be sure you are drinking enough water. Drinking warm water before singing is good for your voice. And of coarse, be sure that you warm up with the scales before singing and maybe after too. Smiling

Any other questions or do you want me to explain anything more?

no thats pretty good. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singing (Duh!)   

Back to top Go down

Singing (Duh!)
Page 1 of 1